1. The Nationals have been exposed in a scandal over water theft – allowing irrigators to take billions of litres.
Labor has now referred this to the ICAC, the Independent Commission Against Corruption. Labor wants no decisions made on plans for a pipeline which will suck water out of the Murray to Broken Hill, until the rorters have been identified and we have seen the business case.
2. Labor supports the Liberal-National Government’s position to maintain a National Park.
3. The Nationals have put the Deniliquin Local Area Command in a state of uncertainty by delaying decisions on whether it will be shut down until after the by-election.
The delay is just a National Party trick to get them through the by-election before they merge Deniliquin with a far flung local area command.
If elected as the Country Labor candidate I will always fight for increased front-line police services and will fight to ensure the Government doesn’t cut any staff in Deniliquin.
4. As a radiographer, I see first-hand the importance of fostering a strong health and hospital system which supports both patients and health care workers.
But unfortunately, the Nationals have only two approaches to health — cuts to services and an American-style privatisation.
With more than 130 unfilled health and hospital roles across the region, the Nationals know that refusing to fill these desperately needed health jobs amount to cuts.
If I am honoured to become the Country Labor Member for Murray, I will work my guts out to ensure that the patients and families in the region get their fair share of health and hospital services.
The Nationals have the wrong priorities. They want to build sporting stadiums in Sydney and tunnels to Sydney’s north shore rather than properly funding cancer clinics and maternity services in Deniliquin.
5. If elected I will retain an electorate office in Deniliquin.
The community deserves access to their local MP. Given water theft, Police Local Area Command mergers and cuts to the health system are occurring on the Nationals’ watch, local representation is more important than ever.