In 1842, 175 years ago, a young station owner named Augustus Morris set up the head station of the ‘Denelequin’ run on the present site of the Mundiwa homestead.
This was the birth of our town, Deniliquin.
In celebration of this historic milestone, the Pastoral Times has produced a Deniliquin 175th Anniversary Commemorative Souvenir publication.
This 76-page, one-off keepsake features Deniliquin’s history, significant changes to the town, Deniliquin landmarks, local industry and identities, stories on local groups, sporting clubs and events, plus plenty of photos.
It is a complete snapshot of Deniliquin from 1842 to the present day.
Click here to read our feature