The family of Adelaide's first coronavirus death has implored all South Australians to abide by social distancing measures and other restrictions to help halt the spread of the disease.
Francesco Ferraro, died in the Royal Adelaide Hospital on Monday after contracting the virus last month.
The 75-year-old, a father of three and a grandfather of eight, had attended a family function interstate and began to feel unwell when he returned.
In a statement on Tuesday, his family said Mr Ferraro's interactions which led to him catching the virus were nothing outside what a family or group of friends would experience.
"The family would like to take this opportunity to implore all South Australians to abide by and comply with all the advice and directions given by the government and police," the statement said.
The death came as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in SA grew by four to 415.
Of those about 20 remained in hospital with eight in intensive care and six of those listed as critical.
Premier Steven Marshall said he had written to Mr Ferraros' family to pass on the condolences of everyone in SA.
"This is a very sad day for our state," he said.
The premier also confirmed SA would, along with other states, maintain all the current restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19.
"We are still far too early in this disease to be lifting restrictions," he said.
"The work that we have done to date has essentially bought us time to make sure we can put the necessary preparations in place so that we save lives in Australia and save lives in South Australia.
"We've done well to date and we're grateful for that. We cannot take our foot off the brake."
Deputy chief public health officer Mike Cusack said among the four news cases on Tuesday, one was linked to the Ruby Princess cruise ship and a second was another baggage handler at Adelaide Airport, adding to that cluster.
The circumstances surrounding another case was unclear with extensive contact tracing underway.
"It's a very exacting process. We leave no stone unturned," Dr Cusack said.
Also on Tuesday, state parliament was debating emergency legislation to deal with the pandemic including measures to protect local jobs and keep the state running.
"This comprehensive package strengthens the powers available to the state co-ordinator, taking a stronger approach to enforcing detention orders involving possible cases of COVID-19," Attorney-General Vickie Chapman said.
"The bill also ensures government officials acting under the direction of the Emergency Management Act are protected from liability, ensuring they can go about their duties freely."