Optimising irrigated grains field day
A field day will be held at the Finley Irrigated Research Centre on Wednesday, October 13 to show how irrigation systems affect various crops.
FAR Australia research staff Ben Morris and Tom Price will be joined by Eshan Tavakkoli and Alex Schultz from NSW DPI, and agronomist Russell Ford.
There will be three sessions covering a range of topics, including:
- What is the effect of soil amelioration and soil amendments on canola?
- How do we keep cereal crops standing under irrigation?
- Getting the best out of your N application on Durum wheat.
- How do vetch varieties respond to various irrigation strategies, and what is the optimum cutting time (supported by Dairy Australia)?
- Moisture monitoring.
- A practical demonstration of how the trial farm has been fully automated.
The sessions will be held at 8.30am, 10.30am and 1.30pm.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, numbers are limited and registration is essential. Proof of registration must be shown on the day and people are asked not to attend if their local government area is in lockdown on the day of the field day.
The Finley Irrigated Research Centre is at 2431 Newell Hwy, Finley.
Register attendance at your preferred session time with Rachel Hamilton on 0428 843 456 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org