Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi met with Rafael Grossi, director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, on Monday.
He will also meet with Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi of Oman, who is hosting the US-Iran talks in Geneva on Tuesday.
"I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal," Araghchi wrote on X.
"What is not on the table: submission before threats."
As US President Donald Trump ordered an additional aircraft carrier to the region, Iran on Monday launched a second naval drill in weeks, state TV reported.
It said the drill would test Iran's intelligence and operational capabilities in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.
Just before the talks, Iran announced its paramilitary Revolutionary Guard started the drill early Monday morning in the waterways that are crucial international trade routes through which 20 per cent of the world's oil passes.
Separately, EOS Risk Group said sailors passing through the region received a radio warning that the northern lane of the Strait of Hormuz, in Iranian territorial waters, likely would see a live-fire drill on Tuesday.
Iranian state TV did not mention the live fire drill.
This is the second time in recent weeks that sailors have received a warning about an Iranian live fire drill.
During the previous exercise, announced at the end of January, the US military's Central Command issued a strongly worded warning to Iran and the Revolutionary Guard.
While acknowledging Iran's "right to operate professionally in international airspace and waters," it warned against interfering or threatening American warships or passing commercial vessels.
On February 4, tensions between the Iranian and US navies rose further after a US Navy fighter jet shot down an Iranian drone that was approaching the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea.
Iran also harassed a US-flagged and US-crewed merchant vessel that was sailing in the Strait of Hormuz, the US military reported.
The Trump administration is seeking a deal to limit Iran's nuclear program and ensure it does not develop nuclear weapons.
On Sunday, Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi signalled that Tehran could be open to compromise on the nuclear issue, but is looking for an easing of international sanctions led by the United States.
"The ball is in America's court. They have to prove they want to have a deal with us," Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC.
"If we see a sincerity on their part, I am sure that we will be on a road to have an agreement."
Oman hosted a first round of indirect talks between the US and Iran on February 6.
"We are ready to discuss this and other issues related to our program, provided that they are also ready to talk about the sanctions," he added.
Similar talks last year between the US and Iran about Iran's nuclear program broke down after Israel launched what became a 12-day war on Iran, which included the US bombing Iranian nuclear sites.