News

Light fitting catches alight

By Deniliquin Pastoral Times

It was sheer luck which saved a Deniliquin home from significant damage from a suspected electrical fault on Wednesday afternoon.

Deniliquin NSW Fire & Rescue firefighters were called to the Carl Court home about 4.24pm and discovered the bathroom light fitting had caught alight but had self-extinguished.

Minimal damage was caused to the home, but the light fitting was destroyed.

Crews isolated the power and inspected the roof space with a thermal imaging camera to make sure there were no hot spots or if fire had spread.

Firefighters advise the occupant have further inspections carried out by an electrician.

As part of its winter fire safety message firefighters suggest appropriate trade staff be employed to inspect items of concern before a fire can occur.